Visits from Bad Movie Voyeurs and Yarn-a-Holics:
- 19,172 hits
What’s Your Pleasure?
READ THESE TOO!
Category Archives: Tuesday 12
1. Saying “This Movie is Based on Real Events” when your movie takes place in New Orleans means you can get away with just about any damn thing you please. 2. Any self-respecting wife and mother will rent a well-appointed apartment in … Continue reading
TUES 12: What I Learned from Watching “Kulay dugo ang gabi” (aka The Blood Drinkers, aka Blood is the Color of Night – 1964)
1. All vampire flicks of a certain age must contain at least one unconvincing rubber bat bouncing on a string. 2. If you can’t get your hands on enough color stock to shoot your film, use B&W stock but tint … Continue reading
TUES 12: What I Learned from Watching “Une Vierge chez les Morts Vivants” (a.k.a A Virgin Among the Living Dead; Christina, Princesse de l’Erotisme (Christina, Princess of Eroticism); La nuit des étoiles filantes (The Night of Shooting Stars)), 1972
1. Une Vierge chez les Morts Vivants does in fact Google translate directly to A Virgin Among the Living Dead. However, it’s fun to click the back-and-forth button a few times: a virgin among the living dead :: une vierge … Continue reading
TUES 12: What I Learned from Watching “Madhouse” (aka There Was a Little Girl, aka When She Was Bad, aka Party des Schreckens, 1981)
1. When all the opening credits are in lower case letters, and the score is by Riz Ortolani, you are in for one treat of a movie. 2. I’m not sure which I find creepier: a little girl in full … Continue reading
1. If you’re a master hypnotist, you might as well get your fingers into highly organized crime. 2. A hypnotist worth his salt can hypnotize someone from another room. And right through the back of your head. 3. The best … Continue reading
1. Apparently, not only were the 1980’s all about excess, no one ever listened to anything anyone said. 2. For the boys of Wall Street, it’s all about the business cards. Is it bone? Off-white? Linen? Watermarked? And if you … Continue reading