Well, in the best of all possible worlds, I’d be writing a nifty entry about my new job, how it’s working out, the joy of getting a paycheck, etc, etc, etc . . . but instead I have a MeMe. So there.
This is a “Getting to Know You” kind of MeMe; it’s making the rounds of Facebook right now. But because I don’t play MeMe rules, I’m not going to tag anyone. So there, once again.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
5:12 am. It was my first attempt to go to the gym before work. I learned two things: I need to put my clothes in the other bathroom, because Hubster is too amused by me stumbling around in the dark for my shoes; and that if I wake up for a potty run at 3 am (as is my custom) I should take my meds then, so that my heart rate doesn’t go through the roof after 3 minutes of cardio.
2. How do you like your steak?
A bit of pink in the middle.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
I think that was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Last seen on the Netflix List of Bad to Even Worse Cinema: Island at the Top of the World and Psycho II.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Mythbusters, The Office, and Dirty Jobs.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
At the moment, San Luis Obispo. Or perhaps Catalina Island.
6. What did you have for breakfast?
A Flatout (1 point), a Hebrew National 97% fat-free hot dog (1 point), and a slice of 2% Kraft “plastic” cheese (1 point).
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
8. What foods do you dislike?
Cooked spinach, stewed tomatoes, and black liquorice.
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
A good pub-n-grub. Or Gecko Grill, I really like that place.
10. Favorite dressing?
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
A 2006 Toyota Matrix, “Cosmic Blue” in color, with the name of “Trixie”.
12. What are your favorite clothes?
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
New Zealand, Japan, and Scotland. I would also like to take a train across Canada.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
Didn’t I order a cheeseburger?
15. Where would you want to retire?
Again, currently San Luis Obispo. Or Catalina Island. Or perhaps Flagstaff.
16. Favorite time of day?
Early morning, reading the paper, or anytime I’m knitting and watching a bad movie.
17. Where were you born?
Pensacola, Florida. Also known as “LA”; that is, Lower Alabama.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
College Football and Caber Tossing.
19. Bird watcher?
Just the hummingbirds ouside our window.
20. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Definitely morning. How else could I pop out of bed at 5:12 am??
21. Do you have any pets?
Three cats: Wally, Cleo, and Kodoze; one dog: Gypsy; an assortment of both tropical and marine fish. And the Hubster. And lots of dust bunnies; do they count?
23. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
I got a new job which I’m actually quite enjoying so far. They seem to eat lots of cake there. Seriously, last week there was cake 3 days in a row. When there wasn’t cake on Friday, I felt so cheated.
24. What did you want to be when you were little?
A teacher. And a guest on the David Letterman show. I don’t know how those two things correlate, or even if they do. I also seem to remember that I didn’t particularly want to grow up.
25. What is your best childhood memory?
Standing in line to see Star Wars with everyone in my family, including Aunt Dolores and Grandpa.
26. Are you a cat or dog person?
Cat. I will be the crazy cat lady in my old age. Hubster will have a shotgun filled with rock salt to scare kids off our lawn.
27. Are you married?
Is that why there’s always that guy in the bed with me??
28. Always wear your seat belt?
Mostly — just today I drove from one end of a shopping center parking lot to the other without my seatbelt. Damn, that idiot bell was annoying.
29. Been in a car accident?
I’ve been in five that I can recall. Only one has been my fault so far. The best one was when the cop suddenly flashed his lights and then did a u-turn right in front of me. WHAM!
30. Any pet peeves?
Is Joe Arpaio a pet peeve?
31. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
Canadian bacon and mushrooms! And ricotta cheese, yum!
32. Favorite Flower?
Pink roses and alastomeria lilies.
33. Favorite ice cream?
34. Favorite fast food restaurant?
35. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
None. In fact, in the state of Florida, if you took driver’s ed and did exceptionally well in the class, you got a waiver to get you out of the driving portion of the test. I only had to take the written test, and I squeaked by with the maximum number of wrong answers.
36. From whom did you get your last email?
My last email came from Shelley, and you can read her blog if you click I Miss My Sanity over there to the right.
37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
To the chagrin of the Hubster, it will probably be an LYS that gets all my money. (local yarn store to you non pet-a-fibers)
38. Do anything spontaneous lately?
I farted with impunity on my cat’s head; does that count?
39. Like your job?
Yes, but I wish I could get over that “new job” anxiety.
41. What was your favorite vacation?
42. Last person you went out to dinner with?
That would be the Hubster. We went to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate my new job. We had side salads and cheesecake and then we had to walk around the mall for an hour. Wow.
43. What are you listening to right now?
“The Call of Ktulu” by Metallica.
44. What is your favorite color?
Purple. But I don’t say no to pink or black, either.
45. How many tattoos do you have?
None. Yet. I’m getting one when I hit 75 pounds lost. Only 15 more pounds to go.
46. What time is it:
47. Aren’t you done yet?
Stick a fork in me and turn me over, baby. Hopefully I’m still pink in the middle.